The final debate in WBIN’s series was held last night between Ann Kuster (Democrat) and Charles Bas (Republican Incumbent) running for New Hampshire’s 2nd Congressional District. Again the panel questions were excellent as well as the moderator. Kuster behaved in a far better manner than at a previous debate where she actually took the microphone from Bass during his closing statement. Apparently being on live television forced Kuster to act like an adult rather than a petulant child – something that she’s become known for throughout New Hampshire. Each candidate touted their stances on the issues and fired back at one another when comments were made as is par for the course in debates; however, Kuster seemed to really just parrot Democratic talking points and lies rather than think for herself. A few of the highlights are below.
- Kuster is for a single payer government controlled healthcare plan but lied during the debate and said she meant ‘via insurance companies’. She apparently hasn’t read Obamacare because she didn’t seem to understand that there are many new taxes in the bill that will necessarily hurt the working and middle classes.
- Of course Kuster parroted the same $6,400 Medicare lie that all Democrats seem to be repeating. It’s a lie, it’s been debunked and it shows she doesn’t bother doing her research and simply believes whatever Obama and company tell her.
- Kuster also tried to frame Bass as a ‘party line’ voter except his record proves that he doesn’t vote with Republicans all of the time. Bass has voted along with Democrats on many bi-partisan bills in Congress. Apparently Kuster ignores his voting record when it doesn’t agree with the false picture she’s trying to present.
- Kuster’s biggest whopper of the night that she kept repeating over and over that it was thanks to the Tea Party and Republicans that nothing has gotten done in Congress. In reality, the House has gotten many bills passed in a bi-partisan manner but it’s Senate Majority Leader Democrat Harry Reid who refuses to even bring these bills to a vote. These bills include many job creating bills. Senate Democrats simply don’t want any bills to pass that will help the economy. In fact, the most bi-partisan votes in Congress since Obama’s election have been against Obama’s far left wing agenda. Kuster can keep repeating this lie over and over but it will never make it true. It’s just another Democrat talking point.
- Another ridiculous parrot by Kuster is the ‘huge tax incentive for companies who ship jobs overseas’. Americans have heard this from Obama and many Democrats who apparently know nothing about business. The truth is that it is only a minor tax deduction for moving costs . It would only bring in $168 million over 10 years if taken away. There are far more serious ramifications for overseas operations but those don’t seem to fit into the talking points rhetoric of Democrats, especially since under Obama the United States now has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
Continue Reading here: http://www.examiner.com/article/kuster-parrots-debunked-talking-points-and-lies-during-debate?cid=db_articles